get to know the ally more intimately.
- Meditate/sit and breathe with your green ally for 3-10 minutes a day
- Make a detailed drawing of the ally as accurate as possible. Next make a soft, impressionistic drawing
- Find out what parts of the ally are typically used. Find out if other parts are useful. Make oils, tinctures and vinegars of all the useful plant parts (separately).
- Observe the conditions the plant chooses to grow in.
- Write a story from the point of view of your green ally. (If you have trouble getting started, write a warm up page praising your green ally and telling him/her how much you like him/her and why.
- Introduce a friend to your green ally. Tell them all about your ally.
You may wish to include these other exercises
- · Write a song about your green ally.
- Write poems about your green ally.
- If edible, eat your green ally as often as possible.
- Try your ally in tea form.
- Start some seeds of your green ally to watch him grow from a seedling into full life
- Harvest your ally at all stages of growth
- Sketch, draw, paint your ally at each & every stage of growth